Leading-edge gaming studio looking for a talented Director of Global Brand Marketing to join the Global Publishing team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic team player who’s eager to partner with our commercial, creative, editorial and global teams to deliver epic user journeys and experiences through Bright Star’s owned, earned and paid channels.
We are developing Ember Sword, a groundbreaking social sandbox MMORPG game set in a community-driven PvP and PvE fantasy universe. With player-owned collectible cosmetics and a blockchain-enhanced economy, this game is on a mission to disrupt the current gaming industry norms.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, deadline-driven, detail-oriented individual with a passion for excellence in communication, interpersonal skills and a wide-ranging knowledge of multi platform marketing practices.
The Director of Brand Marketing will lead the strategy & development of end-to-end GMT and brand campaigns across multiple marketing channels. Core responsibilities will include campaign strategy & development, audience segmentation and targeting, content creation, reporting and ongoing testing and performance optimization against a clear set of KPIs.
Reporting into the Vice President of Marketing, you will also work closely with the Creative/Brand, Publicity, Product, Digital, L&M and Community teams.
Your TO DOs:
- Responsible for the development and ownership of the regional GTM marketing strategy and toolkits from production through to launch, localisation & continuity for global campaigns for each product
- Working with the Creative Director, Director of Biz Dev & Licensing and Player Experience to oversee all publishing initiatives, rebrands and packaging across product, publishing, licensing and merchandise
- Multi-million USD budget proposals, management and phasing with a focus on KPIs and commercial objectives
- Define target audiences, segmentation and develop corresponding communication strategies across multiple media channels including digital, social, affiliate, influencer, L&M and partnership
- Participate in the sourcing and vetting for the regional agency pitch
- Lead cross-functional teams on campaign briefings in line with the strategic objectives and audience segmentation to drive engagement, retention and brand loyalty
- Identify and apply best practice process to measure, analyse, test and determine new opportunities and provide recommendations for improved community experience
- Prepare regular performance reports and analysis for owned, earned and paid channels to share out with the team to drive continuous improvement in our products and services
- Point of contact for international teams to ensure creative and campaigns are culturally relevant and compliant
- Collaborate on brand franchise opportunities with developers, producers, partnerships and L&M to maximize community fandom
- Partnering with key stakeholders in publicity to ensure that content is demonstrably marketed as world-class individually and as a portfolio at trade events
- Talent, production, executive, creative, publicity and media agency management
- Act as a mentor to all other team members practicing the core values of Bright Star Studios
- Demonstrable experience managing regional marketing strategy in a gaming, tech or creative entertainment industry (blockchain experience a plus!)
- Expert media buying experience across digital, social/influencer and publicity
- Comfortable in multi-platform production environments across video/animation, still, digital, event and merchandising
- Demonstrable experience managing teams of regional, multicultural stakeholders
- A passion for finding innovative ways to reach potential MMORPG and Blockchain community in a relatively new marketplace
- Ability to manage multiple project budgets across different currencies
- Genuine passion for creative storytelling, gaming and MMOs
- Deep understanding of product life cycle, user journey building and personalization
- Obsessed with positive community experiences, content/copy, and accuracy across all brand touch points
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, able to simultaneously manage multiple projects end-to-end to meet objectives and deadlines with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to translate data and customer insights into successful engagement strategies
- Ability to interpret, articulate, and present campaign analytics to various stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and willing to travel as needed
We offer remote options and flexible working hours. We offer balance between work and personal life and are encouraged with open paid time off. All employees getting onboard 2022 will get a token package, and therefore have an incentive to make the best MMORPG. Besides that, we have the usual: Free coffee and tea. Social gatherings. Board game nights. Free office snacks, soft drinks, and occasionally friday bars.